50th & France Lifestyle Blog
Our new Guest Service Ambassador, David, is here every Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m to help enhance your experience in our neighborhood! We are in the midst of an exciting redevelopment project that will bring more parking, shopping, dining, housing and a new plaza space that will be complete in September 2019. David is that friendly face who is happy to answer your questions, help you navigate the district and offer a elevated customer experience.
If you have questions about the project, where to locate a business, where the valet stations are located, or anything else, David will be strolling our district wearing an "Ask Me" button and a 50th & France polo and baseball cap. If you have questions before you come to the area, feel free to call us at 952-922-1524. We have complimentary valet every Monday - Friday 8-6 and Saturday 10-6. And our North and Center Ramps are open and complimentary.
Where are you from?
I live in the Twin Cities with my wife, two kids and two dogs. I've been coming to 50th & France for the past 15 years to shop and dine.
Summer - I go camping all the time throughout the state!
I love motorcycles, collecting art and traveling. I love shopping for new, unique collectable items. I'm very social and love spending time outdoors with friends and family and using my Segway!
Steak and potatoes
Favorite part about 50th & France
I love the variety of businesses where I can experience different things whether it's different types of cuisine or local shops with unique finds. It's the all-around place to shop.
Spring Shopping & Dining Guide
Winter might be hanging around longer than we expected, but our businesses are ready for spring and have everything you need to bring some freshness back to your life!
- At Home & Co. - Complimentary one-hour in-home design consultation. $150 value + 20% off upholstery lines.
Tooth X Nail - New boutique opening at 50th & France this April! Tooth X Nail is a provider of high quality Crossfit, Lifting, Gym and Yoga apparel and accessories.
- Harriet & Alice - Local Yarn Shop Day on April 21.
- Kovanda Plastic Surgery - Hydrofacial at Kovanda Plastic Surgery. Introducing the Hydrafacial to Kovanda Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Institute for 25% off the regular price of $175.00 for our 50th and France Members and Patrons.
Grethen House - Everything you need to mix and match for spring! Shop new arrivals from Veronica Beard, Frēda Salvador, Smarteez, Evam Eva, Zero + Maria Cornejo, and more!
Coalition - Morning Social Hour - Mondays - Fridays 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Chuck & Don's - Grand Opening Party! Celebrate our new 50th & France, Edina, Minn. store April 20-24, 2018 with free events and community partners. Enjoy Grand Opening savings too.
- Red Cow - April Features! Enjoy in addition to Red Cow's delicious regular happy hour and dinner menus.
- bluebird boutique - New Amuse Society at bluebird boutique! Shop the collection with perfect essentials for spring and summer weather!
Arezzo Ristorante - Your neighborhood gem in the heart of 50th & France for 17 years. Join us this spring on our favorite nights out. Spring Happy Hour - 4PM to 5PM Weekdays, Tuesday Date Night - $45 for Two 2 Drinks, 2 Salads, 2 Entrees, Thursday - 1/2 off Bottle Italian Wines from Select Menu, Sunday Pizza Night - $2 off any Pizza
Burlap & Brass - April showers bring May flowers. Swing into Burlap & Brass for these amazing Spring essentials. Our artist Raincapes and herringbone rain boots. For daily updates of new arrivals follow us on Instagram & Facebook BurlapBrass.
Pink Door Boutique - Pretty and edgy styles to make your spring look bloom! Some of our favorite designers include Lauren Moshi, Michael Lauren, Parka NY, Bishop & Young.
We are so proud to have so many women-owned and women-led businesses! About 70 of our businesses are owned by women in our community and many others are operated and led by women. Keep your eyes peeled for more on how we plan to celebrate the women and girls in our community at our 52nd Annual Edina Art Fair this coming June 1-3!
Below are how our businesses celebrate all things women and how you can celebrate International Women's Day!
• 1 large sweet potato
• unsweetened nut or seed butter of
• unsweetened coconut flakes
• goji berries
• cinnamon, flax or chia seeds, optional
• ¼ avocado, mashed
• sprouts (broccoli, sunflower, bean etc)
• raw or sprouted pumpkin seeds
• sea salt and pepper to taste
• olive oil
More from our businesses:
- Pacifier - And though she be but little, she is fierce! Show off your little one's girl power with this cute raglan tee for International Women's Day.
- Pink Door Boutique - Girls Do It Better T-Shirt. One of newest boutiques!
- Grethen House - Veronica Beard Denim is at the top of our wishlist for spring. We love that this line is run by two strong and empowered women.
- Kovanda Plastic Surgery - International Women's Day Open House from 5-7pm. Education, drawings and special pricing!
- Luya Shoes & Other Fine Things - Salpy shoes - crafted, polished, stitched, painted, cut and carved from start to finish by Husband-and-wife team Salpy and Kevork Kalaidjian. Now sold at Luya Shoes & Other Fine Things! You can also find Realia by Jen jewelry at Luya Shoes!
- Tribeca Salon - Celebrate with us at TriBeCa Salon
with bubbles & apps on Thursday, March 8th Real Queens fix each other's crown.· 20% off all hair products· Enter drawing to win to gift basket· Featuring jewelry by Sterling CricketIn honoring woman, we will be offering 40% off hair services. 1st time clients only/with selected stylists. Call to make an appt. 612.922.0023 (offer extended until March 31, 2018.)
- Burlap & Brass - I’m a girl! What’s your Superpower? Stop in and check out some of our Super Woman products! We also carry some local products made by some amazing local ladies! Just to name a few : Larissa Loden Jewelry, Hagen Oats Wall Decor, MuddyMouth Cards by Angie and Live Love MN apparel by Nicole. Stop in to Burlap & Brass at 5013 Ewing Ave S to check out all these fabulous ladies products and more!
- Lush Cosmetics - Take your Lush goodies everywhere you go with our reusable bags! Using fairly traded 100% organic cotton, our sturdy totes are made by two non-profit organizations which provide employment for disadvantaged women in India. $3.99 - $12.95
Freeset exists for the many women who have never had the choice to be free. We care about the thousands in West Bengal, India who are vulnerable to sex trafficking. These women don't get to choose their occupation, and we want to change that. Re-Wrap, a women's cooperative in India, tutors rural women mainly in sewing skills, admin and other production processes in order for them to provide for their families. They break every day for yoga sessions to make sure they feel mentally and physically ready for the day.
- Arezzo Ristorante - We TOAST to WOMEN at AREZZO
Cheers to International Women's Day. At AREZZO. Manager Cristina Monesterio says,”We Toast to women everyday & invite your to sip some Bubbly at the Wine Bar for lunch or after shopping stop by for Happy Hour 4-5 p.m. weekdays. A new favorite is MONDAY NIIGHT - LADIES NIGHT OUT from 4-9 p.m. with $15 Bottles of Pigrio Wines.
- Title Nine's B-Word Blog - Where bad-ass ladies and bossy broads unite. Learn about Title Nine's values, mission and all about their comfortable and stylish active wear!
Other ways to celebrate: Grab flowers for you lady friends at Spruce Flowers. Pick up cupcakes at Sweet Retreat. Get gifts at WINK Gifts & Boutique, Equation and more. Get your nails done at A La Mode Boutique & Nail Spa or Nails & Co. Get a glass of wine at Beaujo's Wine Bar & Bistro. Scout & Molly's, bumbershute, bluebird boutique and Pink Door Boutique all have the latest fashions! And the best news? All of these businesses are owned by women!